Absence From School
✈ Absence from school?
- Early Dismissal or appointments during school hours: please notify the attendance office one hour prior to departure.
- Late Arrival: notify attendance office in the morning with the reason and expected time of arrival. Upon arrival go to the office for sign-in.
- Missing all day: notify the school attendance office no later than the morning your child is absent; leave name, date, reason.
HOW TO NOTIFY THE ATTENDANCE OFFICE
- Call (425) 936-2341
- Email FinnHillMSAttend@lwsd.org
- Or use Skyward Family Access absent requests online or Skyward Mobile App.
If your child will be absent three or more consecutive days, please complete a Pre-Arranged Absence form and return to attendance office. The form is available in the office or you can access it by clicking here.
If no excuse is provided with the notification, or no notification is provided the day of absence: the parent/guardian must submit an excuse via phone, email or written note within forty-eight hours of the student’s return to school. Failure to provide a valid excuse within forty-eight hours will result in the absence being marked as unexcused.