Parent Teacher Student Association - Every child, one voice.
To stay up-to-date with Finn Hill Middle School information, please like our
Finn Hill Middle School PTSA Facebook Page!
2019-2020 Finn Hill Middle School PTSA Meeting Minutes
October 2019 Board Meeting Minutes (coming soon)
2019-2020 FHMS PTSA Meeting Schedule (Meetings take place in the FHMS Library)
Why Join PTSA?
Your annual membership in the Finn Hill Middle School PTSA gives you a voice in the many decisions which affect your child and the Finn Hill community.
- Only members can vote on matters at PTSA meetings, hold office on the PTSA Board of Directors, and assist with handling money at PTSA events;
- Our total membership count determines how many votes we may have at the Washington State PTA Legislative Assembly in October, and the State PTA Convention in May;
- Your Finn Hill Middle School PTSA membership includes membership in the Lake Washington PTSA Council, regional, state and national PTA, which is the largest child advocacy group in the country; and
- You will also be eligible for some store discounts! Visit the National PTA website for further information.
Please fill out the 2019-2020 Membership Form and turn it in with your check payable to Finn Hill Middle School PTSA. Thank you!
Even though your child is growing older, your help at school is still needed!
- There are a variety of volunteer opportunities, some are one time events, others are on-going commitments. Most school programs would not exist if not for volunteer support. The donation of your time is very much appreciated!
- Fill out the Volunteer Opportunities form and drop it off with any PTSA representative or scan and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The best way to know what volunteer opportunities are immediately available is to like our Finn Hill Middle School PTSA Facebook Page.
- Please note, all Lake Washington School District volunteers must go through a screening process, for the safety of students and volunteers alike.
- Apply or renew your volunteer status by visiting the online volunteer application.
- Pass the Hat Fundraiser
- PTSA has one major fundraiser in the fall, the Pass the Hat campaign.
- We depend on your financial support to provide emergency supplies and additional educational and enrichment support for Finn Hill Middle School students and our school.
- Please fill out the Finn Hill Middle School PTSA donation form and turn it in with your check payable to Finn Hill Middle School PTSA. Thank you!
- Falcons Care
- One of the services the Finn Hill Middle School PTSA provides to Finn Hill is monetary assistance for students to help pay for class fees, sports fees, and any other assistance deemed necessary by school staff. If you would like to help PTSA with this worthy cause, we will accept your tax-deductible donation to this specific account at any time during the school year.
- If your family needs monetary assistance, please contact the school administration.
- Matching Donations
- Finn Hill PTSA is a 501 (c) non-profit organization, so your donations to the PTSA may be tax deductible, and are also eligible for your employer matching donation program. Contact your human resources department to find out if your donations to Finn Hill PTSA will be matched by your employer.
- Other Ways to Earn Money for PTSA!
PTSA and ASB?
The Finn Hill Middle School PTSA and Finn Hill Middle School ASB are two groups that work together to improve the kids' school experience. Support of both groups is appreciated!
- PTSA: The Finn Hill Middle School Parent Teacher Student Association make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
- ASB: The Finn Hill Middle School Associated Student Body creates the opportunity for students to become effective leaders, thus encouraging and influencing a positive school climate.
2019-2020 FHMS PTSA Board Members
|President||Steph St. Jean|
|Vice President/Volunteer Services||Christine Bergstein|
|VP Communications||Lynne Pearson|
|VP Hospitality||Natalie Washburn|
|VP Membership||Suzanne Holland|
|VP Ways and Means||Angie O'Gorman|
|VP Advocacy||Ria Schalnat|
|VP Sustainability||Caroline Speirs|
Standing Position Openings
Special Needs Liaison